Tuesday 29th August 2023
7:15 am Registration & Welcome Coffee
08:00 – 10:30 am
Approaching Particle Characterization: Optimizing Formulations Through Analytical Assays
- Jeffrey Clogston Principal Scientist, Nanotechnology Characterization Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Leidos Biomedical Research
To be able to assess the next-generation applications of lipid-based nanoparticles as these are developed to support drug delivery to non-liver locations and for payloads beyond mRNA/RNA, the most appropriate assays and tools need to be selected for a program.
Join this session to optimize your formulation through:
- Enhanced particle characterization tools and protocols to ensure reliability of results
- Using tools to differentiate formulations beyond in vivo activity
- Establishing the best characterization technique for your system
- Better understanding how lipid-nanoparticle formulations impact efficacy
Gain actionable takeaways and visibility of the analytical tools scientists have at their dispersal today as well as newer approaches the industry can expect to see progress in the near future to bring efficiency and accuracy to your lipid-particle properties!
10:30 am Morning Networking Break
10:45 – 13:15 pm
Lipid-Based Targeting Tactics: Delivering to Specific Tissues & Scaling Programs
- Gaurav Sahay Professor, Oregan State University
An improved understanding of the biological drivers of the disease is revealing new opportunities for meeting patient’s needs through improved drug delivery to specific tissues. Meaning, it’s more important than ever before to better define the rationale for engineered lipid-based delivery system development for safe and efficacious tissue-targeted payload delivery.
With significant delivery challenges facing the field, learn:
- Trailblazing research achieving lung and eye-targeted delivery formulations to in vivo
- Strategies to chemically engineer lipid-based nanoparticles to increase accumulation in extrahepatic tissues
- How to engineer out liabilities to improve formulation stability to see improved circulation properties
- Fine tuning your formulation and excipients to effectively demonstrate targeted deliver
1:15 pm Networking Lunch Break
14:00 – 16:30 pm
Exploring Beyond LNP: Evaluating New Lipid Nanocarrier Properties for Extrahepatic Delivery
- Mansoor Amiji University Distinguished Professor, Northeastern University
- Sriram Sathyanarayanan Previously Chief Scientific Officer, Codiak Biosciences
Nucleic acid modalities hold great promise for treating previously undruggable diseases, yet despite LNP’s protecting these payloads from degradation, there exist key questions surrounding how lipid-carrier design influences organ-specific delivery.
As more and more novel polymeric nanoparticles, lipodisks, lipid-nanocrystals and further lipid-based carrier systems are being chosen over conventional LNP’s for extrahepatic targeting strategies, use this workshop to better understand the lipid carrier landscape.
Join this workshop to:
- Stay ahead of the curve by gaining an up-to-date landscape across lipid-based delivery systems beyond LNP’s
- Understand the limitations of LNP’s for your pipeline modality strategy, so you can assess when and which lipid-strategies beyond would be most applicable to your programs